Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Anne Frank House

I visited the Anne Frank house on 8th June 2009 in Amsterdam with Rune. It was a moving experience that makes me write this. I came to work and all I could do was read more on Anne Frank, her father Otto Frank and her friends, mother, Sister etc. (Wikipedia) Such a sad story, perhaps because she died so young with so much dreams and hope. And then I realized if she never did die and her diary was published, perhaps it would not make the impact it is making now over 60 years.

It’s almost like God chose her to represent others who perhaps have gone through more. Rune and I walked through her and her families rooms, and her bedroom wall still adorns pictures that she stuck to make it more colorful and hopeful. Pictures of actors and actresses she admired and photos. It is really amazing that something as simple as that could be preserved and means so much. It tells a small part of a girl’s story that means much more. Its like picturing her there in that room, putting up her pictures and writing her diary.

In a way she reminded me of me,( not at all referring to any suffering bit in this case) But I used to write a diary, had big dreams as a child, loved to write. Though what I wrote even though wanted to be private it really never was. My private thoughts were in my head and remained there. But Anne Frank wrote her innermost thoughts in her diary with no fear. I guess that shows fearless character too? And she will always be remembered as a young, pretty, and an innocent girl forever more than what she probably wished for...

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the downgrade issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=microsoft windows xp pro sp2 x64 ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you use the black methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home